OUR STUDIO CLASSES:
We are an independent yoga studio with a focus on the practical benefits of modern yoga in the western world.
The style of each class may vary per instructor background. We do NOT offer hot yoga or Bikram Yoga at Yoga 111 West.
The room's temperature usually stays somewhere between 75 and 85 degrees.
In addition to our mixed-level Yoga and Yoga Flow classes, our studio also features a unique format balance and strength
Yoga class called On the Ball, and the popular dance fitness class Zumba®! Gentle Yoga is a slower paced class,
suitable for beginners, seniors, or those with past injuries or health concerns.
>> View our current programs HERE.
Our studio is not affiliated with a particular Yoga school or style. We try to avoid confusing labels
and "levels" for classes and attendees. Everyone is welcome! We understand that everybody's body is different
and we all practice Yoga for different reasons. The style of Yoga will vary per instructor background.
We do not associate Yoga with any religion, but we adhere to
the fact that the origins of Yoga come from ancient India, hence embodies Eastern thought, beliefs, and principles.
Yoga is a mind-body practice, and in our Western world can be considered as a health or exercise program, for which you
must make a time commitment in order to better yourself. Please release any expectations or judgements for yourself, others, or the
yoga practice overall.
Our Yoga class is most closely associated with a Hatha Yoga class. We will focus on breathwork, alignment, and technique.
This is a mixed-level yoga class, meaning it is as appropriate for a beginner as it is for a seasoned Yogi. Variations and
modifications will be explained and demonstrated for most poses, allowing you to practice in the manner most appropriate for you. Classes will vary in style, postures, and methods, depending on the instructor's background and expertise.
Our Gentle Yoga class is best associated with a Yin Yoga or Resorative Yoga class. We will focus on breathing, stretching, relaxing,
honoring, and understanding our bodies. Gentle Yoga is a slower paced class, suitable for beginners, seniors, or those with past injuries or health concerns.
However, no matter what your "level" or body type, anyone will benefit from setting an hour aside for self care and better health.
Our Yoga Flow class is best associated with a Vinyasa Yoga class. We will focus on moving in and out of postures in sync with our breath, highlighting flexibilty
and proper technique for challenging postures. Yoga Flow is a faster paced class than our mixed-level Yoga and Gentle Yoga classes, not recommended for those with past injuries or health concerns.
We will explore many active postures involving balance, strength, and agility.
YOGA ON THE BALL:
On the Ball is a Yoga class with a functional fitness focus. Explore some of your favorite Yoga poses with the use of an exercise ball, also known as
a "balance ball". We will focus on core strength, balance, agility, stability, and flexibility. On the Ball is recommended for anyone who is already
familiar with common Yoga postures and techniques, this equipment will bring an extra dimension of challenge to your Yoga practice.
Zumba® is a popular high-energy dance fitness class, with calorie-burning moves choreographed to a variety of upbeat musical styles from around the world. Do you want to have fun,
burn calories, get fit, and learn some new dance moves? What better way to release stress or boredom than to dance, and get fit while doing it!
The Zumba® mantra: "Ditch the workout, join the party!"
>> View our current class schedule HERE.
EQUIPMENT & STUDIO POLICIES:
* Bring your own mat, or purchase one for $22 at the studio. Mats are available to rent for a non-refundable fee of $2 if you forget yours.
* Absolutely NO REFUNDS on mats purchased in our store. No exceptions!
* A balance ball will be provided for in-studio use during the On the Ball class.
* Active wear is recommended for class attire. We sell a variety of yoga clothing including women's yoga pants, tank tops, and t-shirts.
* No shoes are worn in our studio (including for walk-in visitors). Please remove them before entering the yoga studio, after checking-in at the front desk. Class participants should place shoes and belongings on the shelves provided, inside the yoga studio.
* We do not have lockers, but we have a changing room and a restroom if you need to change before or after class. Please do not leave your belongings in the restroom or retail store, unless arranged with the front desk.
* To avoid distractions during class, please silence your phone and keep it on the shelf with your belongings.
* Do not wear any fragrances to class. Be mindful of others with allergies andor other sensitivities.
* Water bottles are the only drinks allowed on our specialty studio flooring. We also have complimentary filtered and/or alkaline water
in the lobby, along with other refreshments available for purchase before/after class.
* No pets allowed in the storefront. Sorry no exceptions!